Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

Momfit Mondays

I've had three kids, and each time I've lost track of all of my body changes because I'm so busy experiencing all of the amazing life changes. It isn't until a couple of months in, when the maternity clothes look ridiculously big but my regular wardrobe is completely unusable that I start to feel like effort may be required on my part.





My smallest is just two months old, and I'm ready to start making changes for the better! I'm joining Cat at 3 Kids and Us to make some healthy lifestyle changes and lose some of this baby weight. Participating in Momfit Mondays will help me be more accountable to my goals. (They say it's better to workout with friends!) As an amazing side benefit, she has a Bumbleride Stroller Giveaway during the month of April. New wheels to accommodate both of my baby girls would definitely help me get moving this spring! And yes...it's the Bumbleride stroller of my dreams that I've been wishing and dreaming about.

I've weighed myself, and taken a few measurements to figure out where I'm starting. I'm not telling what the numbers are, but they did help me set some goals for this month.

During the month of April I'd like to:

  • Lose about 5 lbs. I have about 20 total to lose, but I know from experience that I'll hang on to a bit of that weight until I'm done nursing, and I don't plan to stop nursing anytime soon.
  • I'm not sure how to measure this, but I need to tone some areas. I'm planning on getting a Wii Fit this month, and I'm hoping that there will be some fun ways there to work on "problem areas." Until then, I plan on walking at least three times this week - just to get started on something.
  • I'm also planning to make some healthy changes to my eating habits. This week, I plan to limit myself to one soda per day, and replace one snack each day with a healthy fruit or vegetable.

Wish me luck! Or better yet, set your own goals and come join us!

2 comments:

  1. The walking is a great idea. Hopefully the weather cooperates and lets me get outside or I'll just pace the house. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just joining MomFit Mondays and I am here to cheer you on!

    I love your goals - they are so achievable and I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?